The University of Hawaii furnishes a great service to the islands by focusing research to help discover the value of Hawaii’s natural assets. The mamaki plant has been the subject of some of those investigations.
- Nutrient, Polyphenols, and Total Antioxidant Activities on Mamaki is a 46-page PDF discussion of the plant’s nutrient profile and benefits published in August 2006.
- Major phenolic acids and total antioxidant activity in Mamaki leaves, study published in Journal of Food Science, November 2007.
- Nutrient and mineral composition of dried mamaki leaves (Pipturus albidus) and infusions, study published in Journal of Food Science, February 2011.
- Native Plants Hawaii is a UH website that include a fairly detailed compilation of mamaki findings.
- Hawaiian Native Plant Propagation Database by UH includes Mamaki propagation details